- by: Matthew Harris
RE: On-page SEO optimization checklist?
When it comes to on-page SEO optimization, keyword research is the first step. Identifying the keywords that are relevant to your website and using them in the title, meta description, headings, and content is essential for search engine rankings.
2. Title Tags: Title tags should be unique and descriptive, and should include the main keyword for the page. They should also be no longer than 70 characters.
3. Meta Descriptions: Meta descriptions should be no longer than 160 characters and should include the main keyword for the page. They should also be written in a way that encourages users to click on the link.
4. Headings: Headings should be used to break up the content and make it easier to read. They should also include the main keyword for the page.
5. Content: Content should be unique, relevant, and informative. It should also include the main keyword for the page.
6. Image Optimization: Images should be optimized for search engines by including the main keyword in the file name and alt text.
7. Internal Links: Internal links should be used to link related pages on your website. This will help search engines understand the structure of your website and improve its rankings.
8. External Links: External links should be used to link to other websites that are relevant to your content. This will help search engines understand the context of your content and improve its rankings.
9. URL Structure: URLs should be short, descriptive, and include the main keyword for the page.
10. Mobile Optimization: Mobile optimization is essential for any website. Make sure your website is optimized for mobile devices by using a responsive design and optimizing images for mobile devices.
By following this checklist, you can ensure that your website is optimized for search engine rankings.